Mary Eily de Putron

Stained Glass Window Designer

1914 - 1982

 

From her studio above St. Peter Port Mary Eily designed and crafted all the windows in the Monnaie Chapel, except for her own memorial which was installed after her death by Hedley Ogier, her friend and assistant. She also designed the west window in St. Martins Church and another in St. Sampsons Church. From her studio in Putney she carried out post war restorative work on many of the windows in Westminster Abbey.